A forum for owners of Yamaha TTR250 trail and enduro bikes!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Supermoto ttr350


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:
Supermoto ttr350
Permalink  
 


ive decided to get my boy a Yamaha yz 250 two stroke (2019).  So now I’ve taken back the ttr off of him I’ve just got the wheels , tyres , spacers done not hard and sm mud guard  ,  to make it in to a sm. so now just got to sort rear damper out has anyone tried the purple spring on eBay meant to be stiffer???? And front springs as well , and I’m in the middle of rebuilding a spare engine that I have , I would like to put 350 kit on it !  Just waiting on email from Steve ?  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 274
Date:
Permalink  
 

Hi Tony,

How have you got the wheels sorted? Did you use another bikes std wheels or did you get rims laces to the ttr hubs? If you don't mind answering what kind of price has that cost you?

Really interested in this as I've always fancied a sm set up.

__________________

Thanks

Daniel Lee



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:
Permalink  
 

Yamaha dt rear  17 “. Was £80. Yamaha xt 125 17”  front  £85.   Spacers , stanless steel with top hats cost £65 , new tyres 140, 70 ,17 on back and a 110 ,70 ,17 on the front cost 160 with tubes and all fitted cost £40  and  and that way u can put your motocross wheels back on in five mins ?   Front mudguard and brace £40. And new wheel bearing front and back  £30  and then new pads as well £28 



-- Edited by SussexTony on Thursday 1st of April 2021 07:25:49 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:
Permalink  
 

I if I put 350 kit on the bike I’m going to get 7 plate clutch for it , I just think it might help for heat !  How did u get on with your bike ?  



__________________


Super Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2407
Date:
Permalink  
 

SussexTony wrote:

ive decided to get my boy a Yamaha yz 250 two stroke (2019).  So now I’ve taken back the ttr off of him I’ve just got the wheels , tyres , spacers done not hard and sm mud guard  ,  to make it in to a sm. so now just got to sort rear damper out has anyone tried the purple spring on eBay meant to be stiffer???? And front springs as well , and I’m in the middle of rebuilding a spare engine that I have , I would like to put 350 kit on it !  Just waiting on email from Steve ?  


 What email?



__________________

totallyttrs.com

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:
Permalink  
 

O that’s weird Marie emailed you a weeks ago about 350 kit  and front lever return spring?  Is the email still sales@totallyttrs.com?? I will double check this. Many thanks Tony 



__________________


Super Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2407
Date:
Permalink  
 

it's the right email, just never got anything about you wanting the 350 kit



__________________

totallyttrs.com

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:
Permalink  
 

Thanks for the email but 4 months to wait for a 350 kit is quite a long time !  I’m abit torn now, what to do , maybe 325 kit , ?  



__________________


Super Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1466
Date:
Permalink  
 

I'm 6foot three and 106kg  the guy who did my rear shock  tested the stock spring and it was ok for me 

If anything I've backed it off a bit now at the centre of the adjustment 

With the front raising the oil level in the forks by 10mm takes out the dive in the front end without new springs 

I used a wisco  piston kit in the ttr it's 75 grams lighter and the motor is  a lot more free reving  something to consider I really like it . 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:
Permalink  
 

Thanks for the reply, I’m 6 foot. About 100kg , the rear shock not leaking ,clicker work but , when I jump more than 4 or 5 foot high it fills like it’s bottoming out , I’m going to get them rebuilt and go from there. !   Thanks again for the reply 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:
Permalink  
 

Thanks to Brian’s top tip got the front sprocket off the engine , when not in the bike ,

__________________


Super Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1392
Date:
Permalink  
 

SussexTony wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I’m 6 foot. About 100kg , the rear shock not leaking ,clicker work but , when I jump more than 4 or 5 foot high it fills like it’s bottoming out , I’m going to get them rebuilt and go from there. !   Thanks again for the reply 


 I suggest if you are jumping 4-5ft the TTR is not the bike for you, get a YZ

The TTR is a very good dual sport bike & being from Japan it's designed around a rider of approx. 75kgs, so if you are 100kgs & jumping 4-5ft it's out of it's design brief.  You would have to fit a heaver spring at the very least, just rebuilding may not overcome the issue.

Rds Terry



__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg



Super Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8248
Date:
Permalink  
 

SussexTony wrote:

Thanks to Brian’s top tip got the front sprocket off the engine , when not in the bike ,


Thanks for the acknowledgement Tony but where did you find that please? I would like to remind myself of the tip wink 



__________________

Exeter, Devon, UK

http://www.ttr250.com  - The one and only dedicated TTR250 FAQ! 
 

TIP: For easy viewing bookmark the "Recent Posts" view - http://ttr250.activeboard.com/p/recent/ 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:
Permalink  
 

Hiya Brian , I can’t remember where I saw it,  it was last weekend that I was trying to split t caseing apart,that I relized that the front sprocket had to come off , and I tried putting clutch basket back on and hold with clutch holding tool , but still no go , I think I saw it on this forum saying top tip, use a socket on top of the sprocket to the caseing and bingo worked straight away! Thanks Brian !   But if any one was going to do it becarefull ! I used a thick bit of rubber on caseing as well !        Sorry if it wasn’t you !!!!        Ya was you  just found it ,  search  front sprocket when engine not in bike ,  thank you so much ,   quick question for you I’ve bought the loctite u use to put caseing back together when I come to putting them back together,u put loctite on both caseing do you leave them to sit for abit , or just fit caseing straight away?   Many thanks Tony 



-- Edited by SussexTony on Thursday 1st of April 2021 06:52:04 PM



-- Edited by SussexTony on Thursday 1st of April 2021 07:12:28 PM

__________________


Super Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8248
Date:
Permalink  
 

SussexTony wrote:

Hiya Brian , I can’t remember where I saw it,  it was last weekend that I was trying to split t caseing apart,that I relized that the front sprocket had to come off , and I tried putting clutch basket back on and hold with clutch holding tool , but still no go , I think I saw it on this forum saying top tip, use a socket on top of the sprocket to the caseing and bingo worked straight away! Thanks Brian !   But if any one was going to do it becarefull ! I used a thick bit of rubber on caseing as well !        Sorry if it wasn’t you !!!!        Ya was you  just found it ,  search  front sprocket when engine not in bike ,  thank you so much ,   quick question for you I’ve bought the loctite u use to put caseing back together when I come to putting them back together,u put loctite on both caseing do you leave them to sit for abit , or just fit caseing straight away?   Many thanks Tony 

 



Ah yes - I remember the socket tip now. I use it even when the engine is still in the bike wink

I fit casings together straight away after applyimg the jointing compound.

Brian



__________________

Exeter, Devon, UK

http://www.ttr250.com  - The one and only dedicated TTR250 FAQ! 
 

TIP: For easy viewing bookmark the "Recent Posts" view - http://ttr250.activeboard.com/p/recent/ 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard