A forum for owners of Yamaha TTR250 trail and enduro bikes!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: TTR is 5yrs old today


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
TTR is 5yrs old today
Permalink  
 


5 Years ago on this very weekend I brought the TTR home & now it has 17k  on the clock, no issues with the bike at all.

I took the TTR out today for two reasons, one it has rego I put on for the VHC & two trying to keep the kms off the WRR ( 18mts old & has 11k on the clock)

Did some sand, gravel roads & summer tracks, clear sky''s after all the rain the other day made for perfect conditions.

Couple of photos, if the video is ok I'll upload later

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

Cheers Terry

 



-- Edited by TerryK on Sunday 6th of May 2018 04:46:20 AM

Attachments
__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
Permalink  
 

Sandy video from today, I suck big time in sand

Cheers Terry



__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
Permalink  
 

Video of an old disused railway bridge, I rode over it back in 2007, I was sure there was 2 bridges

Cheers Terry

 



__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ok last video

Cheers Terry



__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg



Super Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 7272
Date:
Permalink  
 

Happy Birthday to both of you Terry biggrinbiggrin



__________________

Exeter, Devon, UK

http://www.ttr250.com  - The one and only dedicated TTR250 FAQ! 
 

TIP: For easy viewing bookmark the "Recent Posts" view - http://ttr250.activeboard.com/p/recent/ 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
Permalink  
 

TTRfan wrote:

Happy Birthday to both of you Terry biggrinbiggrin


 Thanks Brian, the old girl is still good even with 17000kms & it's good to take the TTR out for a change & keep the kms off the WRR, not a fan of sand but it makes a change

Terry



__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg



Super Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1793
Date:
Permalink  
 

Hi Terry 

Happy anniversary, what did you get the old girl biggrin



__________________

totallyttrs.com

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
Permalink  
 

An outing LOL


__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg

z1g


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:
Permalink  
 

Looks good. The bridge vid, made me think of "breaking bad" tv show??
I am yet to get dusty, have a trip planned *hopefully* next few weeks+. Riding on tracks from when i was a kid. It will be a slow and steady ride, nothing quick still getting used to my new old bike :) when ypu have not ridden in 15 yrs.... 60km/h seems to fast :) last bike was a roadie. Zx6
Have to get all the rego stuff done first, so no hassles from park rangers.

 



-- Edited by z1g on Monday 7th of May 2018 01:38:34 PM

__________________
  __    __          
_/  |__/  |________ 
\   __\   __\_  __ \
 |  |  |  |  |  | \/
 |__|  |__|  |__|   
                    


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
Permalink  
 

Christ my upper legs are killing me today, looks like I may have to ride it more to keep fit LOL

I guess over in the UK you don't get sandy tracks like this !!! I rode from home out as far as the 2nd railway bridge & back home 160kms, no traffic lights & 95% dirt / gravel roads.

Terry

__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
Permalink  
 

z1g wrote:

Looks good. The bridge vid, made me think of "breaking bad" tv show??
I am yet to get dusty, have a trip planned *hopefully* next few weeks+. Riding on tracks from when i was a kid. It will be a slow and steady ride, nothing quick still getting used to my new old bike :) when ypu have not ridden in 15 yrs.... 60km/h seems to fast :) last bike was a roadie. Zx6
Have to get all the rego stuff done first, so no hassles from park rangers.

 



-- Edited by z1g on Monday 7th of May 2018 12:56:55 PM


 Oh yea where the kid was riding the bike

Terry



__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg

z1g


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:
Permalink  
 

Yep, going back to riding tracks that i rode on as a kid, have not ridden on these tracks for quite some time. Will be interesting, as times have changed, will have a GPS just for starters.
nothing like that back then.... had to know when to turn right on the second fire track, then a left after three corners for the next track etc.. :)

 



-- Edited by z1g on Tuesday 8th of May 2018 11:11:24 AM

__________________
  __    __          
_/  |__/  |________ 
\   __\   __\_  __ \
 |  |  |  |  |  | \/
 |__|  |__|  |__|   
                    


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
Permalink  
 

z1g wrote:

Yep, going back to riding tracks that i rode on as a kid, have not ridden on these tracks for quite some time. Will be interesting, as times have changed, will have a GPS just for starters.
nothing like that back then.... had to know when to turn right on the second fire track, then a left after three corners for the next track etc.. :)

 



-- Edited by z1g on Tuesday 8th of May 2018 11:11:24 AM


 I rode road bikes when I was 16 & 17yrs old then at 18 started on dirt bikes, did a little scrambles / MX then back to dual sport, I've been riding around this area for 45yrs (now 64yrs ) & still finding new tracks & dirt roads, never too old to go out & explore & as long as the fuel range is ok it's all good.

At least in the UK you don't have the wildlife we have here in Australia, I clipped a Skippy with the front wheel last week, so good luck with the green lanes or whatever you ride over there.

Cheers Terry



__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg

z1g


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:
Permalink  
 

Terry Mate.
I',m in aust, vic. Will be going back to wombat state forest. Sorry i must write like a pom.... sorry if i was unclear , nothing wrong with the english , to be fair.
I was only riding little yz80's, 125's back then....
Loving you're experince but.
Don't know about you, but how times have changed *insert old man*. Back then, buy a bike, ride it anywhere *mostly*, now have to jump through hoops, just to not get fined.... aust is a nanny state (vic) anyway.....

Ps.. any trumpy rider is aok in my books. Never had one always wanted one, could not afford one, uncle had one.

 



-- Edited by z1g on Tuesday 8th of May 2018 04:00:00 PM

__________________
  __    __          
_/  |__/  |________ 
\   __\   __\_  __ \
 |  |  |  |  |  | \/
 |__|  |__|  |__|   
                    


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
Permalink  
 

z1g wrote:

Terry Mate.
I',m in aust, vic. Will be going back to wombat state forest. Sorry i must write like a pom.... sorry if i was unclear , nothing wrong with the english , to be fair.
I was only riding little yz80's, 125's back then....
Loving you're experince but.
Don't know about you, but how times have changed *insert old man*. Back then, buy a bike, ride it anywhere *mostly*, now have to jump through hoops, just to not get fined.... aust is a nanny state (vic) anyway.....

Ps.. any trumpy rider is aok in my books. Never had one always wanted one, could not afford one, uncle had one.

 

Ah another Aussie, sorry I thought you were in the UK, we were over in the Victorian high country in March, fantastic area, lucky you & much better than anything we have in SA.

Terry

 



-- Edited by z1g on Tuesday 8th of May 2018 04:00:00 PM


 



__________________

TT-R250 & WR250R for dirty fun

Triumph Thruxton for the twisties

Triumph Scrambler for fun

 YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard